Employment Opportunities with the Boys & Girls Clubs
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Boys & Girls Club of the Greater Chippewa Valley, where we inspire and enable all young people to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
Membership Specialist - Menomonie, River Heights Elementary
Coordinates and manages daily operation of membership and front entrance in Club facility. Provide regular administrative support to management staff.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Maintains the Visions membership database and membership filing system.
- Coordinates protocol for new and renewal membership applications. Ensures accurate data entry of information on new members, updating renewed members, and creating member identification cards.
- Maintains the Visions database and volunteer filing system.
- Coordinates protocol for staff and volunteer applications, accurately entering volunteer information, and creating staff/volunteer identification cards.
- Provides leadership and supervision of direct reports, specifically part-time membership specialists. Ensures that direct reports receive proper supervision and training in membership and front entrance protocols.
- Maintains additional membership and program registration for field trips, and special events. Ensures that registration information is disseminated correctly to Club staff.
- Prepares program attendance tracking forms and disseminates to Club staff for documentation of program attendance and participation.
- Compiles data reports in an accurate and timely manner including average daily attendance, monthly program statistics, meal program statistics, and daily transportation statistics.
- Answers telephone, as well as, greet all members and visitors welcoming them to the building.
- Assists in the preparation of program materials and special event activities for members including program schedules and parent newsletters.
- Assists Club Staff with special projects and special events.
- Performs regular administrative duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor. Composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
Youth/Teen Development Specialist
Youth and Teen Development staff will work in the Boys & Girls Club - Lunda Center Summer Program. Development staff assist in providing a safe and welcoming environment where Club members ages 8-18 can learn and engage in new opportunities. Development staff create full day programming sessions for Club members between the hours of 7:30-6:00pm. Focus areas for programming are academic success, good character & citizenship and healthy lifestyles.
Staff members will also attend weekly field trips with their summer groups. Staff are expected to demonstrate kind, caring and respectful behavior with Club members, volunteers and other staff members throughout the day.
Summer shifts range between 7:30-6:00pm Monday-Friday at $9.50 / hour.
Potential interviews will be scheduled virtually the first and second week of May.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $9.50 /hour
AmeriCorps Afterschool – Black River Falls, Lunda Center
AmeriCorps Afterschool – Menomonie, River Heights Elementary
In partnership with the Marshfield Clinic AmeriCorps program, the Boys & Girls Club has AmeriCorps – Afterschool positions available. This AmeriCorps program is a two-part program with Marshfield Clinic and Boys & Girls Club responsibilities.
Through Marshfield Clinic this position focuses on academic success, tracking 20 Club members throughout the school year. To assist with academic success, this position spends a minimum of 8 hours within a local school assisting teachers, recess, lunch time, etc. each week.
Through the Boys & Girls Club this position is a program staff assisting with the outcome areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles and good character & citizenship creating and facilitating programs, assisting with program partners, the food program, field trips and becoming familiar with the developmental stages of youth in the area. Hours range from 9:30-6:30pm Monday-Friday during the school year and 7-6pm during the summer and non-school days, with some availability needed on the weekends for events.
In total, this program is a full-time volunteer experience of 35 hours or more, receiving a living stipend to complete a minimum of 1700 volunteer hours. The term of service runs from September 2020 through August 2021. Any candidate must be available to attend mandatory Marshfield Clinic AmeriCorps – Afterschool orientation in September and mid-term training in January. At the completion of the term, the AmeriCorps member is eligible to receive an education aware of over $6,195 to be used towards student loans, paying for school or going back to school.
For more information and questions about the Black River Falls position(s), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and questions about the Menomonie position(s), please email email@example.com