Boys & Girls Club History
The Boys & Girls Clubs of America's tradition of service to the nation's youth began in 1860, when the first Club was established in Hartford, Connecticut. The organization has grown to serve more than 3 million youth annually in the 2,600 Boys & Girls Clubs across the country.
In Eau Claire, the Boys & Girls Club of the Greater Chippewa Valley was established in 2001 and opened its doors in 2004 and provided a place for kids to go after school and during vacations to get positive reinforcement in an open, accepting environment.
In January 2004, the Club purchased the building at 201 East Lake Street in downtown Eau Claire, and the fun began!
In 2007, the Boys & Girls Club of the Greater Chippewa Valley had 687 members and since that time our membership has more than doubled in size. Additionally, 1,500 of our community youth are currently being reached through special events, community partnerships, and youth outreach.
Today, the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Greater Chippewa Valley now oversees locations in Eau Claire, Black River Falls, Chippewa Falls, and Menomonie. For more information about the Boys & Girls Clubs, call the administrative office in Eau Claire at (715) 514-5115 or stop in and see us at 1005 Oxford Avenue in Eau Claire!